Monday, May 21, 2012

New Vision

I've been struggling with blogging lately.  Nothing exciting has been happening in my life as of late (WooHoo!), so I've really been trying to sort what direction I'd like to take my blog in. 

My Prayers, His Promises is a record of my infertility struggles.  I began blogging as an outlet, therapy for the soul.  I felt so alone in my conception journey, but once I began to document my thoughts I had women come forward and offer to cry with my failure and celebrate my successes.  It just doesn't seem "normal" to blog there regularly any longer.  I do add to the blog from time to time:  bible versus which seem fitting for anyone in this journey, new blogs I've found, etc.  I won't be taking it down, and I continue to meet and pray for people who find there way to My Prayers His Promises.  (As a matter of fact, I've been praying for my friend Rita who found out right before Mother's day she is expecting!  She reached out to me through this blog, and there is nothing I love more than praying for women who are experiencing similar emotions as I felt--although I wished it were unnecessary for anyone to feel that way.)

Then, along came Killian Corner where I presently do most of my blogging.  The vast variety of topics include my family, church notes, prayer requests, venting, lists of things I like/dislike, etc.  There isn't really a theme, and truth be known, I'll probably continue to write here. 

I also created Between The Covers Book-Nook where I would occasionally record my thoughts on books I've read.  It's primary purpose was for me as a future Middle Grades Teacher.  I just wanted to keep quick thought about books I've read...was the book a good read?  What was the theme?  Which characters stood out?  Are the language or content areas which concern me for adolescent readers?  etc...  I'll probably continue to write here too occasionally.  (In fact, I'm reading a book right now called "To Save a Life" which is Christian adolescent fiction dealing with suicide that I plan to include a review of on this blog...If you only knew the irony in me downloading this book on Friday morning you would get cold chills.  Actually, not irony...totally "a God thing.")

So, what's my new vision?  Being Souled Out for Christ...but more importantly, AreYouSouledOut4Christ is going to be a place that I record anything pertaining to Christianity.  Topics such as what I'm learning about the bible...What is God teaching me in this current season of my life?  What questions do I have?  What bible verses am I learning?  What am I doing for Christ?  But MOST importantly, am I souled out 4 Christ...and does my life reflect that walk?

I invite you to join me as a follower (or lurker) in this new walk...where I live out John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease."

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read!! You are a blessing! I think I may be your first follower!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Pages