Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mayan or Your'n

Today at work, we were collectively speaking about the Mayan calendar and the hoopla surrounding the projected date the world will end.   If you haven't heard about it, you can google it.  I couldn't really find a reputable source to link to.  Basically, it turned out that the Mayan calendar, which predicts the end of the world on Dec 21, 2012, may be wrong.  Well (reverting back to my teenage ways), "DUH!!!"

I don't even know how or why the conversation came up, but I made the comment, "The only person who knows when the world will end is the Lord."  Then, I said, "And I'm ready...He can come today."  My co-workers looked at me as if I had the bubonic plague.  One even asked me if I was in a bad mood...is it really so bad to be eagerly awaiting the Lord's return?  I don't think so.  Come quickly, Lord.  I'm ready!

I'm pretty sure the Mayan calendar doesn't match Yourn's either...

Who did you discuss the Lord with today?

1 comment:

  1. This struck me as funny... I know and odd sense of humor.... But I am ready for His return as well!! Who that is a child of God wouldn't be? And yes, while we wait for His return...we MUST point others to Christ by our words and our actions!
    Great post...!

    ReplyDelete

Pages